Social Media Community Manager - Freelance, Remote
We’re a growing digital agency looking for a freelance social media community manager to help us support, grow and delight our clients.
As social media manager, you will:
- Assist us in selecting the proper social media platform(s) for each client based upon audience research, brand and intuition
- Produce and deliver daily, appropriate content for each client across multiple social media channels
- Facilitate vibrant community participation; respond to comments and messages in a timely fashion, and keep the communities free of inappropriate posts
- Strategize with the client project manager to consistently grow specific social channels and take advantage of timely/relevant events and information
- Establish relationships with bloggers and other Websites
For information on how to apply, please make sure to carefully read the instructions at the bottom of this posting.
What You'll Love About This Job:
You can work from anywhere, anytime: But you’ll need to participate in scheduled and on-the-fly calls with the clients and with us during regular business hours. So you'll need to be a full-time freelance social media professional (no moonlighters, please).
You’ll work with professional, level-headed clients: We have a policy of not working with jerks.
Your input will be valued and welcomed. As part of our team, we want your voice and your opinions. And, if you’re so inclined, we'll have you share your perspectives on our blog.
You’ll benefit from an environment of continual learning We can't produce amazing things for our clients unless our own skills are top-notch. To this end, you'll be invited to listen in on Webinars and attend local industry conferences and meet-ups, all on our dime.
You’ll be working with a passionate group of interesting people that love the Web.
- An in-depth knowledge of all major social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Snapchat
- An ability to understand the different “voices” of the clients’ social media pages and easily pivot from one to the next
- An ability to find and generate new content on a regular basis
- Outstanding writing skills
- Experience with HootSuite (or another similar posting platform)
- An ability to juggle multiple client accounts simultaneously and ensure all client needs are being met
- Some level of expertise with Photoshop and Canva (to make custom graphics and imagery across social platforms)
- A desire to stay current on social media trends, tools and tactics
The social media manager will be compensated via retainer on a monthly basis; the right candidate can expect this to become an on-going freelance position.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following. Please note that if you don't submit all three items, we can not consider you for the position:
1. Resume or LinkedIn Profile
2. An example of at least 1 current Facebook and 1 Twitter page that you currently manage, or have recently managed
3. Finally, we'd like to get to know you. In addition to telling us why you feel you'd be a great fit for this job, please elaborate in detail on the following question:
Where is social media heading?
Additional Application InstructionsPlease note the three requested application items noted above. Candidates that do not submit all three will not be considered (and please note that we're placing special emphasis on the writing sample).
Sign up for Job Alerts
Social Media Marketing and Content SpecialistISEPArlington, VA, United StatesApr 20
Digital Content & Engagement ManagerThe Kavli FoundationLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 07
Social Media ManagerEarthjusticeWashington, DC, United StatesApr 06
Social Media Community Manager - Freelance, RemoteBCS InteractiveNew York, New Jersey, ConnecticutApr 04
Latest from the webJobs by
MARKETING SPECIALIST / SOCIAL MEDIASchiller, Kessler & Gomez, PLCFort Lauderdale, FL, USA13 Apr
Manager, Digital Marketing, Content & Social MediaExcelligence Learning CorporationMonterey, CA, USA17 Apr
Social Media CoordinatorFACEBingham Farms, MI, USA22 Apr
Social Media CoordinatorWhat's Happening PublicationsGainesville, FL, USA19 Apr
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALISTSTAHLS' IncSterling Heights, MI, USA15 Apr