Social Media & Communications Manager
The Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation is the world's leading nonprofit health organization dedicated to supporting patients and families living with aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), and related bone marrow failure diseases.
Summary: The Communications Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating communications activities that promote the Foundation's goals and objectives. Manager will have primary responsibility for all social media outlets – creating and implementing strategy for growth and action. Manager will also assist in the development and execution of public and media programs, including writing press releases, creating and maintaining media contact lists as well as creating and managing a photo and video library.
- Create and implement a social media strategy for current and future social media channels (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Write and publish relevant, original high-quality content. Monitor effective benchmarks to measure impact and effectiveness (audience engagement, content reach, response rate)
- Draft press releases, op-eds, communications materials and find appropriate media outlets
- Create and maintain editorial calendar, which includes a schedule for digital and print newsletters, email blasts, social media posts, large mailings, etc.
- Assist Senior Director of Communications with marketing, logistical, promotional and other needed support for Foundation activities and programs
- Maintain and grow library of photos and video
- Copy edit patient and health professional educational materials
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressive and relevant nonprofit experience
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism or related field
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, database management and other online tools
- Proven nonprofit social media experience with an understanding of how to measure results
- Proficiency in Hootsuite, Tweetdeck and other social media management tools
- Organized, detail oriented and proven ability to work collaboratively with Foundation staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time